All modules in the University should be formally reviewed after each delivery point, taking into account student performance, student module feedback and tutor-reflection, to ensure the curriculum remains current and research/practice informed, and to ensure that there is continuous enhancement of delivery and assessment. Module Review provides the detailed foundation for Programme Directors to complete the Annual Programme Review process, and is ultimately integrated into the Quality Review process.
Further information on can be found within Developing New Modules and Reviewing and Enhancing Modules.
Module Review is comprised of 6 main sections:
- Module Co-ordinator summary report
- Assessment & Feedback reflection
- Module Performance analysis, using the ARQUE tool.
- Module Feedback analysis, using EvaMetrics.
- Module development; i.e. a record of changes made to modules.
- Space for additional comments and requests for support.
Full guidance is embedded within the Module Review template.
Arrangements for 2020/2021
In April 2020, in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, a streamlined version of Annual Programme Review (APR) was released, designed to reduce the strain on individual programme directors whilst maintaining standards and the continuity of programme level quality assurance. This streamlined APR placed more emphasis on Module Review, with a programme level statement acting as a reflective summary.
Because of the renewed lockdown measures in the Winter of 2021, and the ongoing disruption this has caused everyone across the University it has been decided to extend this arrangement in 2021.
If your module has been adapted for January entry, please ensure that you reflect on how this has gone in your summary report.
- Complete the Module Review Template for each Module you are Module Co-ordinator for.
- Submit your Module Reviews to the relevant Programme Directors for inclusion in the Annual Programme Review process.