All modules in the University should be formally reviewed after each delivery point, taking into account student performance, student module feedback and tutor-reflection, to ensure the curriculum remains current and research/practice informed, and to ensure that there is continuous enhancement of delivery and assessment. Module Review provides the detailed foundation for Programme Directors to complete the Annual Programme Review process, and is ultimately integrated into the Quality Review process.
Further information on can be found within Developing New Modules and Reviewing and Enhancing Modules.
Six sections of Module Review
1. Module Co-ordinator summary report
Make a general statement about what has gone well on the module, what could be improved and what changes are planned for the future.
2. Assessment & Feedback
Describe the formative and summative assessment for this module. Also outline whether feedback has been provided to students within published deadlines
3. Module Performance analysis, using the ARQUE tool.
Reflect on ARQUE report for the module and outline : ·
- Notable trends in how students are performing on the module.
- Context for the observed trends, what they indicate, or what they might mean.
- The changes you are planning to make, if any, as a result of your analysis. Please ensure that any substantial changes are noted in the Module Development section on the next page
4. Module Feedback analysis, using EvaMetrics.
Reflect on the Module Evaluation for this semester, including: ·
- Areas of good practice.
- Areas for development.
- Actions that will be taken.
- How have you communicated with and engaged students.
- You may wish to copy your reflective answers from within EvaMetrics into this section. Please outline what changes you are planning to make, if any, as a result of this reflection in the Module Development.
5. Module development; i.e. a record of changes made to modules.
Reflect on your current Module Proforma for this section, specifically its Learning Outcomes, Key Skills, references to Research-Led, Practice-Driven Teaching, Inclusivity, and Employability If you made changes to the module last year, what impact did these changes have?
Comment on any issues raised by the internal moderator and/or external examiner.
6. Additional comments and requests for support.
You can find the Module Review template here.
If your module has been adapted for January entry, please ensure that you reflect on how this has gone in your summary report.
- Complete the Module Review Template for each Module you are Module Co-ordinator for.
- Submit your Module Reviews to the relevant Programme Directors for inclusion in the Annual Programme Review process.